When it comes to loving your home, you’re not the only one—mice also think of your home as an ideal spot for habitation.
It keeps them warm during extreme winters and protects them from scorching heat of the sun during summers, along with offering shelter against rainstorms, winds, and other natural calamities. But they aren’t nice for your home at all.
Mice and other rodents can cause damage the insulation, electrical wires, and other structures in your home. And that’s not it; they can transmit several illnesses to humans.
Mice will try to hide in whatever space they can find in your home to stay out of your sight. If you want to get rid of them, you first need to know how they sneak inside your walls and attics and how can you spot an infestation.
How Do Mice Sneak Inside Your Home?
Mice can easily squeeze and crawl inside your home through small openings—even if it’s no larger than a dime. Here are some usual entry spots that they use to invade your home.
- Entry holes for wires and utility pipes
- Damaged siding
- Water vents in brick walls
- Cracked home foundation
- Unsealed ducts, doors, and windows
- Chimney and roof vents
How to Know to Spot a Mice Infestation?
Besides watching a mouse running across your living area, there are several other indications that you might be dealing with a mice infestation. Stay on the lookout for these signs:
- Mice waste (droppings ad urine)
- Nests made of twigs, branches, leaves, and paper (mice nests look somewhat similar to that of the birds)
- Damaged insulation
- Chewed wires and ducts
- Torn upholstery or curtains
- A particular sound that mice make
How Can You Get Rid of a Mice Infestation in Your Home Walls and Attics?
You may come across several DIY hacks for getting rid of mice infestations in your home. However, the best way to deal with it is by leaving it to the professional rodent exterminators like Xterminator Pest Control.
- Their team will thoroughly inspect your home for mice nests and close all the potential entry spots to prevent future invasion.
- They will create a customized plan for rodent removal according to the structure of your property and the severity of infestation.
- With the right equipment and expertise, they’ll be able to perform the extermination safely and quickly.
So, if you’re looking to hire a reliable pest control company in Zanesville, OH, get in touch with us! Besides rodent removal and control, we offer a range of other residential and commercial extermination services.
To get a free and accurate quote or more information about us, call at (740) 454-8000.